28. A couple of days in London

6/15/2017 Syl 0 Comments



It's long ago that Dad and I went to London.
We had been with the family where he stayed during part of WW2, in Wolverhampton, and before going back to The Netherlands he wanted to show London, some places he had been during the war and get a good feel of the city.

We went....almost everywhere. It seemed.

I remember many great moments, places and events.
We went to see the Koh-i-Noor, the largest diamond in the world, had to wait in line for over 3 hours, but it was well worth the wait. I loved to see the crown jewels, and of course the bright diamond.

I can write about the experiences in London for hours and maybe even days.
I was impressed by Westminster Cathedral, but St. Paul was more my style.
And we were lucky to find the Houses of Parliament open to the public and because almost no one knew that, we had the opportunity to talk with one of the members, making a comparison between The Netherlands and the UK. I still enjoy the special ceremonies on TV and the kids have often heard: 'I've been there, and there too!'

Since I was in London in 1968 a lot has been changed. I'd love to see it.

We can go by car, using the tunnel, (even though I love to go by boat), but hotel costs are far too high, so we have to find a solution for that.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...