Present disaster

2/11/2018 Syl 1 Comments





The past days my blood pressure was quite high. I was just too busy to pay enough attention to it.
As I was stressed about several things I had good excuses for it, and I thought today would be a day of relaxation, so I expected the blood pressure to go down.

But the day was less calming than I expected.

I had a beautiful present for someone's birthday. Very beautiful.
We were very happy to have such a lovely present.
She rejected it with the words: 'Sorry, I'm going to get it tomorrow.'
I got it back, wrapping paper included.

As I have had my birthday two weeks ago she had a present for me. A huge thing. I thought it was a large cookie-container, but it turned out to be some huge cylindrical thing where a small candle can be put in. It was larger than my largest vase, and my first thought was: 'where do I put this monster?'

I was invited, not along the family as usual, but along a care-oman who thought the world of herself and did nothing else than showing how well she knew everything. Add to that a very loud voice,.... and she was sitting beside me.
Normal conversation was impossible. Of course I managed to get a word somewhere in between, because she needed to breathe. But that was it.

When I went home I had a splitting headache.

Right now I don't know where to go with my blood pressure problems.
Cardiology took care of it, but it turned out this week that it's now in the hands of nephrology (kidney department). None told me, so when I had a talk with the nephro-nurse I had the feeling that she should keep out of the business of someone else.

When I'm ill I have to report to cardiology, but... at the beginning of the evening my left kidney (the best one) was hurting. Later I also had some chest pressure. At a place I've had pressure before and nothing happened, so nothing bad is expected.
It's weekend and it's carnival. So the ER is crowded with drunk festive eejits.

I'll monitor the problem and stay at home. Will call my own family doc on monday.
Unless it's a real emergency of course.

And even though the deadline of the magazine is tomorrow, I'll give myself some rest this evening and go to bed a bit earlier than usual.

.









1 comment:

  1. Sorry you ended up having a bad day Sly. It seems your doctors there are somewhat the same as they are here. For some reason they do not communicate well between themselves in reference to the patients conditions which can conflict with one another. Hope today is a better day for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...