4. Turning pots

5/19/2017 Syl 0 Comments

Turning pots has been on my list for a long long time.

As a child I could look at the turning wheel for ages, fascinated not by the wheel, but by the fragility and strength of the clay.
That it's possible to make a vase that holds water and flowers, or a bowl that can last for a lifetime, and yet when the potter does something wrong the clay will suddenly be fragile and the whole lot will bend like cloth or collapse after the slightest instability.

I've been looking in town to take pottery classes a couple of years ago, when one of my dear friends was still alive and we planned to go together. She decided for sculpting classes though, and I couldn't afford the fee of a complete course.

I wonder how I'll feel at the wheel.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...