Decision nephrologist

8/24/2017 Syl 0 Comments


From a new one to a new one.
From better to best.




Today I went to see the nephrologist again.
I was very stressed.
I expected to see the nice woman, and it turned out to be a young man.

So I asked him if she was changed into the male version. He looked puzzled and then smiled: 'she's on vacation'/
'Oh, she should have planned her appointments better,' was my reaction, 'I'm very fed up with ever changing faces.'

They don't know what is the matter.
But the echo showed the right kidney is smaller than the other kidney, which wasn't in the past.

Together we agreed part of the kidney problems might be due to my heartproblems, which made my body shut down.
And as I observed a few times that my bloodpressure went down before the kidney's gave symptoms, at least part of it all can be caused by this too.

I asked for the dietician, but the team has a different idea.
So I'm referred to the kidney nurse. She knows a lot about food and diet too. So we agreed I'll try her, and see if she can deal with the other diet requirements.
And I will be referred to one of the staff nephrologists.
I didn't let him speak, for fear I might end up with one of the male ones and asked if I could go to the female nephrologist, as she was the one who diagnosed the kidney insufficiency.
He started to laugh and said that that was what the team wanted too.

They are worried about the whole issue as they consider me far too young to deal with this.
Puh, I'm 61.

I got a compliment that I had refused to stop Fosinopril, even though I hate the stuff, it's good for the kidneys,
We also talked about the new prescription of the cardiologist (Labetalol) and that I want better cooperation between the two disciplines. But first we have to wait to see.who will be the new cardiologist.

It was a pleasant consultation.
And I have to say that I feel a lot more cared for than at cardiology...after my first cardiologist had left. Even though the cardio-nurse has been very kind and nice.

But when going home I got angry.
At that cardiologist. He told me the last time that my kidneys were OK.
Good that I didn't tell the kids or anyone else, because I didn't trust him. It was not up to him to give the result of the echo, and he gave it wrong!!!
Even worse.... he missed an issue in the ECG, or didn't know what it was, or didn't care to inform me.
When my first cardiologist left I was very sad, but now I'm relieved. Better without a cardiologist than with one I've had.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...