25. Fly in a hot air balloon

6/12/2017 Syl 0 Comments



When the flame is ignited again and I hear the sound, I feel like a kid and run outside, with the camera.
When it drifts over my house I can't resist to wave, and often I see the people in the sky waving back.
Then through the house I run, so I can see the balloon once more before it fades and lands at an unknown place.

I know the balloon is huge.
When it's still laying on the floor it looks like an apartment building asleep, brought to life by men running around to stretch the fabric and then shooting the hot flame as far as possible.

I was quite near when I was 11. Feeling the warmth against my face, before I stepped back.
That year I entered a drawing contest to win a balloon flight. All I got was a ballpoint.
The disappointment was huge, but soon forgotten..

After that I entered more contests and raffles to win a flight, but I never was the lucky one.
But..maybe in the near future?

.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...