No letter

7/15/2017 Syl 0 Comments



I expected a letter from the hospital, but alas. Nothing. Not from cardiology, not from nephrology.

The heartmedication I take is complete again. So my bloodpressure is within limits, but the pruritis has started again. The muscle weakness too.That indicates that the heartmedication is the main problem for my kidneys.
I knew that already, but this is very clear evidence.

It's strange that there is not another system  used than letting a patient wait the whole waitinglist and then have a nephrologist see him or her.

In my case, I would have appreciated a consultation with someone who reviews my medication on the subject of nephrotoxicity. It might result in prevention of further deterioration.
If they had done this 4 years ago, like my first cardiologist planned, I wouldn't have had kidney insufficiency.

Started reading about the present issue. It's like they have a far more intelligent approach in Belgium than here. They are aware that prevention is very important, and that early information leads to a better outcome of dialysis.

Well, I'm lucky I can inform myself. But when the medical world won't cooperate...?

Had a nice dinner with one of the girls, the dancer, who came home for a few hours.

This evening the international summerfestival has started. Lots of open air concerts. I love to go there, and I planned to go there. But I'm not so confident I can cope with standing and walking a lot.
Well, we'll see.

.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...