A swift decision

6/06/2017 Syl 0 Comments



Yesterday is in the past.
Today is a new day, with lots of wind, the much needed rain, and more wind.

It's like the garden grows a few cm each 10 minutes when I look outside. I love this weather, and I long to go to the beach. That's one of the reasons why I want to live near the beach. To struggle against wind and sand, and be caught in the sounds.

Here I feel confined to my home, and I experience a bit of fear that the large tree in the garden might drop on the gardens of others.

The magazine of the Heart-organisation is ready.
A bit hesitant I asked if this group of people always deal the same way with all the work. Just one elderly lady struggling with her eyesight doing everything, and the others having their name on the list and accepting compliments during the regional meeting.
The answer is 'yes'.
My decision is on impulse, but I stand behind it for a full 200%. If she wants someone to cooperate with, I'm the one.

It was the first time I worked with her, a few weeks ago. It was a surprise to discover she's lived near my gram. We were able to chit chat about all sorts of things, and a moment later to discuss the editing of the magazine. I liked her dog, and felt perfectly at ease.
So volunteering to work with her is only costing time, and it's something to look forward to.

It's the way I like to lead my life: go with the flow and help out where ever I can.

Ofcourse I need money to live my bucketlist, but a job and helping her out doesn't exclude each other.
If a job would come as easy as that......

Screened quite some jobsites, found nothing.

Then heard that Sandra Reemer has died from breastcancer.
I feel sad for her family and friends. she was such a lovely lady, such a good singer and she always gave me the feeling I was watching and listening to someone special. She always gave me a good feeling, a lot of inspiration.
It was special to drive under a moonlit sky (we had to bring some stuff to someone) and after that sit down to watch a program about her.
Another one of the great gone.

I know almost no women who have survived breast cancer. They all have died, including one of my best friends.

Again I wonder why I survived that night when my heart was expected to give up....

.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...